FLINT, Mich. (Michigan News Source) – The Flint Fire Department says the cause of the explosion that took two lives on Hogarth Ave. in November 2021 has been identified.
According to Flint Fire Chief Raymond Barton, the cause of the explosion was natural gas leak in the basement of the home. The explosion killed two people, including a 3-year-old girl and a 55-year-old woman.
Five homes were condemned, according to the city.
Attorney Geoffery Fieger has filed a $50 million lawsuit against Consumers Energy in the explosion.