MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (Michigan News Source) – Two fires this week at Central Michigan University have prompted Mount Pleasant Public Safety to remind people about the dangers of lithium-ion batteries.

Lithium-ion batters are used in electronics like smartphones, electric bikes and electric vehicles.

MORE NEWS: Michigan-based Dow to Cut 2,000 Employees from Workforce

Two caught fire Tuesday morning in separate dormitories while being charged, but no one was injured.

Police are recommending buying products with the Underwriters Laboraties (UL) mark. They also say to use the recommended cord and adapter for the device and unplug when the device is fully charged.